1) What are my options if I am contacted by the IRS?

You have several options: you can pay the amount the IRS claims you owe; you can contact the IRS and hope you can arrange for some kind of payment plan; you can hire a team of experts like Madison Tax Group, who with your approval, will defend you before the IRS, seeking a favorable resolution of the matter.